Privet Capital funding solutions can help professional advisors, lenders, shareholders and management teams including; Professional Service Providers; Lawyers, Accountants, Debt Advisors and Specialist Restructuring Advisors. Existing Funders: Banks, Asset Based Lenders, Mezzanine Finance Providers, PE Houses and Hedge Funds. In-situ Operators requiring innovative funding options.
Founder and Managing Partner
- 27 years' experience in investing in and growing SME businesses.
- 9 years at Deloitte Corporate Recovery and Restructuring.
- 10 years in 3i European Buyout Team, including Turnaround Investments.
- Founded Privet Capital in 2008 to focus on investing in mid-market companies with untapped potential.
- Strong track record of successfully investing in good but neglected businesses.
- Founding member and Fellow of the Institute for Turnaround.
- Chartered Accountant.
- BSc Physics - Cambridge University.
- Extensive sector experience in running businesses in Defence, Transport, Government outsourcing, Education, Healthcare and Science.
- Previously the Group CEO of Serco, a FTSE 100 business, with £5bn annual turnover in 40 countries and 130,000 staff.
- Experience of bidding for and buying loss making/underperforming businesses and with excellent track-record of returning investee companies to long term profitability.
- Awarded CBE by the Queen in 2010.
- Chartered Accountant, trained and qualified with Arthur Andersen.
- Ambassador for the Prince of Wales and chaired his charity IKD. Now on international Board.
- Durban Howard College and Harvard Business School.
- Led the turnaround of Thermal Engineering.
- Experience of working with private equity in the UK (Privet Capital), Canada (Arva Limited) and India (New Vernon Capital).
- Strong operational background in the telecoms, aluminium and aerospace industries.
- Pioneer in inflight connectivity - founded a company providing live inflight television.
- Previously was a strategy consultant at the Boston Consulting Group.
- MBA from IMD, Lausanne, MA in Engineering, Economics and Management from Oxford University.
- 11 years of investment experience gained at Privet Capital, Aberdeen Asset Management and ECI Partners.
- Total of 17 years' experience of working in mid-market private equity.
- Worked with a number of businesses as interim finance director.
- Instrumental in the value creation at Thermal Engineering.
- Qualified as Chartered Accountant with Deloitte with first time passes and prizes.